Thursday, November 1, 2012

What I've learned

Yesterday at 12:30pm the store mannequins were naked! What I've learned since I entered the retail world is that on October 31st, anytime after 12pm, Christmas is coming, and it's coming NOW! This is always a bit sad to me, but it is the way it is. I was at Home Depot last week and Halloween was long gone. Reindeer's were lite up and Santa was ready for the roof.  My 5 year old was so confused. She said, "Isn't Thanksgiving soon? Why is the store decorated for Christmas?" As a parent I hate that we rush through the year. I want to enjoy each season and holiday, but as a worker in the retail world you're always months ahead. We buy Christmas fabrics 6 months in advance, if not more. We're talking about Spring before we even see Winter. It's just the way it is. So yesterday when I saw the mannequins in booty shorts and bras I knew it was time for some holiday sparkle. So no surprise that this morning I was greeted with sparkle galore!

Image                                       

Image                          

                                                     

I love the little metallic dress. The mix of gun metal, gold, and black. Very chic! The nod to the 40's is also very classic and fun. The coat and the off the shoulder knit shirt is great for a night out, if only we would get some cooler weather. After being in NY I was all set to keep my winter gear out, but instead I put them back in the drawer. We're so lucky to have such amazing weather, but I am ready to snuggle up in a faux fur vest or jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment