Tuesday, August 6, 2013

One pattern, two fabrics...

I feel like I have been talking about these rompers for a while.  Sorry it has taken us so long to post this blog.  We're in the process of making changes to the site, as well as adding shelving for our growing inventory. Both exciting changes, but time-consuming!  Without future ado, here are both the rompers....


Both rompers were made from McCall's M6083. The first romper Robin put together is made from a stretch denim. It has a casual look and is great for day. Since we used a dark denim, with a little bling, this could go from day to evening very easily. Here are a few pictures as it went together.


image

Getting started!


image

Pinning the two pocket pieces together.


image


The pockets assembled.


image


Contrasting stitching adds a little fun to this simple and classic look.


image


Serging the elastic on before you roll the fabric over.


image


Folded over and stitched.


image


Added top stitching


photo copy 7


A little styling for the front entry.


photo copy 6


Contrasting stitch color on the shorts.


photo copy 4


Here is the finished project. It ended up going right to the front mannequin. Perfect summer piece.


For the second romper we choose a beautiful silk zebra print. The champaign color of the background gives this
animal print a sophisticated feel. I absolutely love it! When I do get to Hawaii this will be great for a night out.


Here are a few pics as this one went together.


image

Putting the front & back bottom crotch together


image


Putting the front & back bottom together


image


Pinning the pockets


image


Finishing the top.


photo copy 3


This is a great piece. It can be dressed up or down. I didn't have time to accessorize my model, but just the little gold belt and heels are a good start.


This could be made with any of our silks or printed charmuese.


While I really like the romper both ways, this pattern needed some adjusting. We made a size 8 and had to lengthen the top portion to fit my bodice and go up one size in the bottom for my hips. Just a bit of advice so you don't learn the hard way, like we did.  Always better to think about these sort of issues before you cut into your fabric. If you're built like I am you may want to make one size top and another size bottom.


Thanks for stopping by.


Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Hello!! I am hoping my email got through. I was a winner of the mimig giveaway bag. I seen where I needed to contact you directly so I am sending my information again.
    Valerie Carrington
    2100 Jackson St
    Hopewell, VA 23860

    Sent from my iPhone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute I was waiting for this lol btw did you make the red belt as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got it. Thanks & we will ship them Friday.
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used trim to make the belt. Thanks!
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  5. […] we just blogged a great romper in a silk charmuese, I thought we would put a few more options online. Some of these […]

    ReplyDelete